Thursday, August 28, 2014

"A world of our own..."

Louis IV and Princess Alice, Grand Duke and Grand Duchess of Hesse
"If I say I love my dear husband, that is scarcely enough - it is a love and esteem which increase daily, hourly; which he also shows to me by such consideration, such tender loving ways. What was life before to what it has become now? There is such blessed peace being at his side, being his wife, there is such a feeling of security; and we two have a world of our own when we are together, which nothing can touch or intrude upon. My lot is indeed a blessed one; and yet what I have done to deserve that warm and ardent love which my darling Louis ever shows me? I admire his good and noble heart more than I can say."
-Princess Alice's letter to her mother Queen Victoria, 1862.


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Powered by Blogger