Saturday, December 3, 2011

Historical Dolls (Empresses and Queens)

A while ago, I was surfing the internet for portraits of royal ladies, and I came across this wonderful collection of historical dolls created by Cheryl Crawford. I thought the dolls and their costumes looked beautiful. I just love how Ms. Crawford was able to transform well-known and evocative characters in history into such a beautiful works of art. Here are some photos of her lovely creations. By the way, I do not own any of these dolls nor the pictures.

Cleopatra, Queen of Egypt


Eleanor of Aquitaine, Queen of France, Queen of England



Joan of Kent, Princess of Wales


Elizabeth of York, Queen of England


Anne Boleyn, Queen of England


Elizabeth I, Queen of England


Mary, Queen of Scots


Anne of Austria, Queen of Spain


Anne, Queen of Great Britain


Marie Leszczyńska, Queen of France


Marie Antoinette, Queen of France


Elizabeth Alexeievna (Louise of Baden), Empress of Russia


Eugenie, Empress of France


Elizabeth, Empress of Austria


5 comments:

Abigail said...

These are so lovely! I especially like the Queen Elizabeth I doll! She's my favorite!

zoetropo said...

The Louvre has a contemporary bust of Cleopatra that would be an ideal exemplar for a more accurate doll. Her features and hairstyle were those of an attractive Jane Austen heroine - but not at all like Liz Taylor's.

Gem said...

@Zoe Porphyrogenita:
That would interesting to see! :)

Gem said...

@Zoe Porphyrogenita:
That would interesting to see! :)

Unknown said...

They are so lovely. I love the detail to the dresses. Anne Boleyn's is beautiful. It's strange, however, seeing Eleonor of Aquitaine as a doll. I like that she & Joan of Kent were included.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Powered by Blogger